Every hour of 2017
I saw this thing online last year where some guy kept track of how he spent every hour of 2016. So I gave it a try.
I expected that keeping track would make me more accountable to my time. It did not. I did find it helpful to see what I was doing on a given day, and it's both more convenient and less cumbersome than leafing through a diary to see what I was up to. Still, my logging tapered off until I gave up sometime in October for no reason.
My version of the chart also includes notes on what TV show or movie or game or book I was consuming, or what project or job I was working on. Your version is just a broad strokes of my year. Each color represents a kind of activity. To wit:
- Media Consumption (TV, Movies, Podcasts if that was mostly what I was doing, comics, probably some light reading)
- Comedy (performing or producing)
- Work (for others, for money)
- Wasted Time (mostly involving the internet)
- Gaming (video games, board games, room escapes, that sort of thing)
- Books (a maligned category that wasn't distinct enough from Media)
- Productive (work on personal projects, errands, exercise, cleaning, etc)
- Social Events not covered by the above
- Other (originally code for 'can't remember', eventually code for 'didn't bother')
- Time Travel (mostly through zones)